Who we are looking for...
We are seeking a leader of engineering who will take charge of the Company’s innovative technology development, applications, and tools. The candidate needs to have experience working in a high-growth startup environment with a track record of developing a sound technology strategy, implementing engineering best practices, and building, leading, and guiding an efficient engineering organization. The candidate will oversee the in-house engineering staff as well as be responsible for the full software development lifecycle, from architecture to deployment. The candidate will need to demonstrate excellent management, communication and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong sense of ownership of the engineering organization, product and its success in the market.
As the Head of Software Development, you work closely with the Chief Product Officer to deliver against product roadmap and meet customer success timelines & deliverables leveraging Agile methodologies and continuous deployment practices.
This position is a member of executive leadership and reports directly to the Founder & CEO. We are looking for a proactive team player that’s both strategic and tactical with business acumen. The candidate must have the technical prowess to dig-in and write fast and efficient code when necessary to support the team, find inefficiencies and influence staff to make continuous performance improvements.
What you will be doing and responsible for...
- Oversee the design and development of scalable, robust, and performant systems that support a high-growth technology organization
- Define and execute the strategic, long-term technical portfolio strategy and roadmap that aligns with the core business strategy, ensuring security, scalability, performance, and maintainability using a cost-efficient approach
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Product, Analytics, Data Science, and Finance teams to align product and technical roadmaps to achieve financial goals
- Own and improve the Scrum software development process behind all Omnichain products
- Develop and deploy engineering and DevOps best practices, guidelines, procedures, and documentation
- Provide thought leadership to define/refine a future-proof system architecture; lead the evaluation of software systems and applications; evangelize best practices
- Serve as a critical member and contributor of the company’s management team to assure our products meet the requirements of and delight customers.
- Create and execute talent strategy to ensure the proper mix of resources and attracts and recruits the talent
- Be a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
What we need you to have...
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role (minimum 7yrs)
- Experience with major cloud platforms (Azure/AWS)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft technology stack (MS WebApi, C#, .NET, .NET Core, Entity Framework)
- Knowledge of multiple front-end languages and frameworks (e.g. Angular)
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g. C#, Python)
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases & architecture (e.g. Azure SQL Server, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache, NGINX, Kestrel)
- Experience with party system integrations and API’s (SOAP, REST, gRPC)
- .NET Core 5.0
- RESTful API Development Experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- In-depth knowledge of modern DevOps practices with managing large, complex cloud-based SaaS infrastructures
- Experience in Blockchain development and application
- Nice to have - Supply Chain industry and system development experience
- Excellent business acumen to be customer facing and public speaking experience to present to large audiences, trade publications and be the technology face of the company
- Ability to create management reporting and presentations to support CEO with board meetings and present to board of directors as needed
- Driven to grow into a CTO role with excellent communication, leadership, teamwork, and resilience
What benefits we offer...
- Equity in the company
- Great career growth opportunity
- Flexible working hours
- Fully covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Training courses
- Company events & social hours
- Hybrid Working Environment - In Office & Remote Flexibility
Who we are...
We are a venture backed, high-growth, fast paced company, who have designed and delivered a next generation supply chain management platform. We are passionate about our people, our product and our partners. We challenge the “that’s how it’s always been done” reasoning.
We are a small, lean and keen team all working to deliver an industry leading innovative technology platform that redefines industry standards
How to apply...